…Brittany (comment #32)!
Congratulations, Brittany! I will e-mail you to get your address and will send Being Sixteen your way ASAP. Brittany has been a reader of this blog for a long time (right, Brittany?) and it’s so fun to see her win. 🙂
Thanks to everyone for entering!
Also, just because I feel like it, here are some things I like this week:
1. The Olympics. I can get sucked into any kind of human interest story. Plus, I am endlessly fascinated by the dedication the athletes show to their sport. Like when they said Apolo Ohno did four two hour workouts per day. Can you imagine? I mean, I know lots of people work eight hours a day, but work out eight hours a day? For years? My hat is off to you, Olympians.
2. The book I am reading right now. Do I dare say what it is? I’ve been accused of reading “filth” before so I’m a little gun-shy.
3. Stephens Hot Cocoa, the Belgian Dark Chocolate kind.
4. Finding the gum in the first-grader’s pocket before it goes through the wash.
5. When my dad called to wish me a happy Valentine’s Day. He used to give us a special treat every year on Valentine’s Day when we were kids/teenagers living at home (nothing crazy, but a sugar cookie from the bakery with our names on it, etc.). This was especially nice during those teenage years. Thanks, Dad.
What are some things you like this week?