I have a few of them. Some are serious. Some are not. Some you might already know. Here are five of the not-so-serious ones:
1. One of my favorite parts of visiting the doctor or the dentist is reading the trashy magazines in their office that I would never buy in real life.
2. I hate flying on airplanes. That doesn’t mean I won’t do it. I’ve flown across the country many times and to England and back four times. But I don’t like it.
3. I used to think that when they said the South was trying to leave the Union, they were actually digging a trench and trying to turn into an entirely different country, separate in location as well as in ideals. For way too long I believed this. Good thing my high school history teacher set me straight. (Yes, I believed it that long. Sad.)
4. A rainy day = a good day for me.
5. When I was little, I dreamed of having a family of six. Two boys, four girls. I thought I would marry a boy from my hometown and live there happily ever after. Now I have a family of three boys and I live happily ever after with a boy from Seattle.
It must be the rain.