Currently reading: In the Time of the Butterflies, by Julia Alvarez
1. Thanks for everyone’s great comments on last week’s conversation! I think next time we’ll talk about the most-requested topic: How do you know when a draft is “finished,” or ready to submit? The other questions on the list are discussions about revision and poetry. If there’s anything else you’d like to see, please please please feel free to post it in the comments here!
2. The Writing for Charity event was wonderful. So many people excited about getting books into kids’ hands. This is a yearly event, started by the lovely Shannon Hale, and if you are anywhere in the area, please come next year!
3. I just heard from my agent that we have now sold MATCHED in 25 foreign countries. This is thanks to the fantastic foreign rights’ team at Writers House and I am very, very thrilled.
4. I am tired today. Are you tired?
5. We’re going to be revamping the site a bit in the next few weeks, just FYI. So if you come visit and everything is a mess, just pretend it never happened and come back again soon. 🙂